Minimalist & frustration free XVM modpack
These are the mods I have personally installed. The modpack is designed to be as minimalistic as possible. All mods with the exception of XVM are of my own creation. All mods are open source. The modpack is offered “as is”.
- XVM with custom config
- Scope shadow remover
- Gold ammo visibility mod
- Customization manager
- No numbers in battle—statistics only displayed as colors
- Colors in players panels and chat
- Auto installation of removable equipment
- Auto returnung Crew
- Auto installation of removable camouflages
- Remaining hitpoints when holding TAB
- Gold hits show as pink smoke
- No scope shadow when zoomed in
- One extra zoom in level and two extra zoom out levels
- No camera shaking on hits
- Readable names in extended team panels (remove all caps, leading and trailing underscores)
- Spot indicator (spotted / unspotted / never seen)
- No shadow around the prebattle countdown
Color Scale & Player ratings:
The mod uses xTE, a per vehicle rating, i.e., it depends on the player’s skill on the given vehicle.
- Golden Yellow: Top 0.1% of players (Best)
- Purple: Top 1% of players
- Blue: Top 10% of players
- Green: Top 30% of players
- White: Bottom 60% of players (Worst)
The color scale avoids using the colors red, orange and yellow as these colors have a negative influence on the player’s mood. The exact rating, i.e., the number, is not shown. All ratings are flawed in some way and should not be given too much emphasis.
In case there is no reliable xTE rating available (< 15 battles), the modpack will show the player’s overall WN8 rating (in italics, color only, same color scale).
Note: Vanilla “Mods”
Some of the things shown in the screenshots aren’t actually part of the modpack and instead are part of the vanilla game client. This includes the circles on the minimap, the hit/damage log and the ingame notifications. These features can be enabled in the game settings.
Unzip the zip archive and copy all files into your WoT folder.